BEST COMEDY PODCASTS
- Todd Barry Podcast - 29 - LIVE: Sarah Silverman, Natasha Lyonne, Andy Borowitz, Nick Turner
This is the first comedy podcast I've heard that made me think: wow, this is an entirely new medium. Usually I'm kinda meh on Sarah Silverman, but she is super funny on this. Love her sarcastic repartee with Todd, Natasha, and the other guests-- it sounds like age old friends sniping at each other in the best possible way."My therapist says there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing choices." "That's what you talk about with your therapist? What did you say that made her say that?" "I don't know, I guess… 'Is there bad weather?" Just check it out, the whole episode is hilarious.
- Todd Barry Podcast - 22 - Mike Birbiglia
Todd: "Wow, this is the first time I'm the louder one." Mike B. fascinating as always. I guess I'm a comedy nerd, cos I love to hear two comedians I like talking shop. They get into things like, do you want lights on the audience? What happens when the crowd hates you? etc. Plus Mike B. is so good at telling stories, pretty much anything he says is compelling.
- Marc Maron - 458 - Artie Lange
(can't go wrong with Artie Lange)
- Johnnie To - Drug War
- Drugs 2.0: The Web Revolution That's Changing How the World Gets High
- Addiction by Design: Machine Gambling in Las Vegas
- A Death in the Lucky Holiday Hotel: Murder, Money, and an Epic Power Struggle in China
- Crazy for the Storm
- Acid Mothers Temple @ Bottom of the Hill
- James Murphy DJ set @ Public Works
- Quasi @ B.o.t.H.
- Maserati @ B.o.t.H
- Ran 12 miles (longest run ever) -- then did it again 2 days later
- Scored the winning goal in a soccer game (!)
- Beat Seth at chess
first run: http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/314154977
second run: http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/316444589
I got on a running kick for a bit. Didn't think I had it in me, but I ended up running the equivalent of two half marathons. I started having knee problems though, and also was getting really bored. Wish I lived next to GG Park, instead of Pot Hill's post industrial wasteland.
Goodreads pick up, seven a side. We were in sudden death and I scored the final goal, ending the game. So exciting! I credit Virgilio and his insane trash talking.
Ok, it was a blitz game and he gave me rook odds. But still.
STUFF THAT HAPPENED
- Goodreads got bought by Amazon (1)
- Housing market came back
- Karoaked for the first time
- Went bouldering with Rich (ouch)
- Sven and Nicole moved to Cape Cod (boo! boo-urns)
- Magnus Carlsen became world champion at chess (2)
(2) About time. Anand was long past his prime. Very satisfying to me that the world champion is now the highest rated & objectively 'best' player.
IF YOUR AUNT HAD TESTICLES SHE'D BE
- Your uncle