|Scientific questions from a dullard
||[02 Nov 2011|10:37pm]
- "The Earth rotates on a 23 degree axis"-- relative to what?
- What's the relationship between frequency and wavelength? Are they independent? If I halve the wavelength does it double the frequency?
- When light is described in terms of wavelength (630nm laser) what does that mean? What does 630nm represent?
- What is a hertz? (as in gigahertz)
- Why do they call it the kernel trick? What does kernel mean in this context? Is it the same as the null space of a transformation?
- How does unsupervised feature learning work? ANSWER IN ONE SENTENCE OR LESS USING NO E'S
Really fascinating talk. I ♥ Professor Ng