- How to light a kerosene lantern
Mantle is radioactive!
- Permanent press LESS delicate than regular
- How a doorbell works
- DFW suicide
- Giuliani & Palin mocking community organizers at Republican Convention - so low
- Furnish the house, feather the nest The media room looks alright, fireplace room finally has a rug, nothing on the walls yet, I want quaker pegs, there's a whole list. Pattern Language shit.
- Evil Shrine
Jason relationship-counseled me into understanding why I should take down the handmade evil shrine I'd hung up over our Ketubah in the bedroom. I still think it looked cool though.
- "Future you" surveys
These were questionnaires I gave out two years ago at Burning Man. I left them scattered around in self-addressed stamped envelopes, addressed to me. The idea was, you'd fill out the survey and drop it in the mail, along with an address where you could be reached in two years. In two years, I'd send it back to you. So it would be like getting a letter from the you of your past.
The two year mark was this October, so I mailed out the 30 or so responses I'd received. For some reason, almost nobody understood the part of the survey that was meant to be left blank, and answered in the future. They all just filled it in. No doubt poor information design on my part played a role in this... but come on people, what part of Questions to be answered upon receipt in 2008 did you not understand?
- San Francisco bicycle route planner
Finally released it as open source, but suffering from lack of GIS tools. The company that makes ArcGIS offers free licenses in some cases, but their grant application is 29 pages long. I really need an intern.
- [How low can you go]Songs that sound great, iff you have good subwoofers
- [Bath-time]Does what it says on the tin
- [Short attention span house]Mixed w/ Traktor. Super fast transitions to keep from getting bored.
- [Short attention span techno]Another Traktor mix, loads of great tunes. Despite the occasional trainwreck, my favorite of the bunch. Give it a listen, it's good! (Though I would say that, wouldn't I.)
Hip hop muxtape]Nixed by DA MAN
- [How low can you go]
- Hair (national disaster)
Persons of the Year
Angi for becoming a major cooking mama