- Society of the Spectacle - (am I actually going to read this? seems very theoretical, not ideal "beach reading", maybe outsource it)
- Bombardiers - will be funny, and possibly make me wish i had more money. investment banking seems to involve a lot of testosterone.
- Footprint: South India - i can never read guidebooks in advance of going somewhere. once i'm there, the guidebook becomes fascinating, but before then it's a struggle. flora... fauna... zzz
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower - am I a wallflower? if not, what perks am I missing?
- An Involuntary Genius in America's Shoes: (And What Happened Afterwards) - Andrei Codrescu is one of my heroes. in his early days he wrote poetry to impress girls, which sometimes worked
- The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell is like candy.
- New Yorker
- Mass Appeal <-- excellent hip hop mag
- "The Funny Times"
plus Az. is bringing Motherless Brooklyn
I hate going to bed. Nas said "I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death." I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely have the attitude that going to sleep means admitting defeat. That's it, that's all I'm going to do or experience today. The end.
I have friends and a lover who disagree-- they enjoy sleep tremendously & look forward to bedtime.
Looking forward to indulging the bookworm within. Our flight from LAX to Kuala Lumpur is 20 hours! Is that right? Is that possible?
New Pornographers definitely go in the best of 2005.
New Pornographers - Jackie, Dressed in Cobras