Yesterday AM was the kind of morning that, were I the dramatic type, would have ended with me collapsing to my knees in tears.
- I woke up late, because my flight the previous night had been delayed and I hadn't gotten in until 2AM.
- I was out of clean socks.
- I boiled water for oatmeal only to realize there was no oatmeal.
- In lieu of oatmeal, I opted for cereal. But I didn't have time to eat it at home, so I searched around for a small container so I could take it to go. Couldn't find a single damn container. By the time I gave up searching, so much time had passed that I might as well have just eaten at home.
- Got to the station just as my train was leaving.
- Tried to listen to ipod but realized I'd left the headphones in my other bag.
- Tried to sleep but it was too noisy, and I couldn't drown the noise out since my ipod was useless.
- Got onto the train and rode for 45 minutes before realizing I was ON THE WRONG TRAIN. Apparently BART started a new schedule while I was in Vegas. Late to work.
From there things thankfully got better. But, a nice little closer-- when I left work that evening, I stopped at Bi-Rite to buy a well-deserved Pinot. Got home, opened it up... and of course the cork was rotten and the wine had turned to vinegar.
WHAT AM I, JOB?!